ALL drivers holding a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) are subject to federal drug and alcohol testing rules.
This applies to both interstate and intrastate drivers with no exemptions. The intent is to ensure the safety of your drivers and general public. PMCI offers a plan with maximum affordability and compliance. The PMCI plan is a simple, low cost program for members.
TESTING required under the following circumstances.
- Pre-employment for employees in safety sensitive positions and all CDL drivers.
- Post accident where a combination of a moving violation issued to your driver and any vehicle is towed or a person is medically treated, or an accident in which a death occurs.
- Reasonable suspicion if a supervisor, preferably two supervisors, who believe the driver is impaired.
- Return-to-duty and follow up for drivers who violate prohibitions and return to work after being referred back by the SAP.
- Randomly, 10% of the total number of drivers must be randomly tested for alcohol during the year while 50% of the total must be randomly tested for drugs. The PMCI program will allow your drivers to be part of a consortium of thousands of other drivers for the purpose of random selection. If you have six or more drivers, you will be placed in your own pool, which eases budgeting.
Training is required for your supervisors and/or safety directors to recognize drug and alcohol misuse. An employee must also be trained to administer the screening test for alcohol detection. PMCI, in cooperation with Doctor’s Review Service, provides this training.
Draft your policy to address this federal testing rule. A sound policy will protect your company in the event one of your employees test positive for drugs or alcohol. PMCI and Doctors Review Service can develop a Drug and Alcohol Testing policy tailored to the needs of your company.
What Will This Cost My Company?
| One time company enrollment fee
| Nonmember enrollment fee
| Yearly company renewal fee
| Drug Test (pay as you go)
| Alcohol Screening Test - purchase from PMCI
| Alcohol Test Forms - purchase from PMCI
Drug and Alcohol Program takes care of our DOT drug and alcohol testing
requirements. The program is accurate, easy, and cost-effective. We’ve
compared PMCI’s program with other providers but PMCI provides the best
service that meets the needs of our company.
- Jolene Dittmer, South Central Coop
For more information or enrollment forms call PMCI, (515) 224-7545.
This service is exclusive to PMCI members.
Not a PMCI member? Visit this website's "Join Us!" tab for membership registration or call toll free (877) IOWA OIL | (877) 469-2645 for assistance.